Passive Fire Training Courses
Understanding Timber Fire Doors, Maintenance and Inspection
This course is suitable for: Fire Door Installers, Responsible Persons, NVQ Assessors, Industry Inspectors, Fire Door Surveyors, Project Managers, Site Supervisors, & Fire Risk Assessors.
- Benefit from industry professionals as course instructors, providing real-world insights and practical tips
- Access comprehensive course materials, including trainingEXP‘s door maintenance guidance and door inspection survey document
- Engage in interactive group-based investigation modules which test your inspection and fault-finding skills
- Take part in regular quizzes on various industry topics throughout the course
- Develop a thorough understanding of the different types of timber fire doors, including Nominal, door sets, and door assemblies
- Participate in a live inspection of fire door sets installed on our training wall.
- Discover and highlight potential faults and issues, allowing you to develop a keen eye for identifying problems in real-world scenarios.
- Experience our cutting-edge VR software, allowing you to deconstruct a fire door and conduct comprehensive fire door checks
The course finishes with a multiple-choice exam. Once you have passed the assessment your credentials will be submitted to FireQual. The certificate can be used to demonstrate your competency as a working fire door professional. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completing the assessment.
Introduction to Timber Fire Doors
Fire Door Industry Regulations and Guidance’s
Timber Fire Doors Construction Types
Timber Fire Door Types & Considerations
3rd Party Product Certification
Identification / Certification Labelling on Fire Doors
trainingEXP Fire Door Fault Gallery
Investigating the Misuse of Expanding PU Foam
Fire Door Industry Standards
Practical Inspection of a Certified Timber Door-sets
Multiple Choice Exam
About the course
Our 1-day course empowers delegates with the skills and knowledge required to inspect, install, and maintain timber fire door systems. The training also provides essential information on regulatory requirements and guidelines, including the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order (RRFSO) and Approved Document B.
In addition, delegates will have access to valuable insights into sourcing fire door test evidence and industry guidance on installation and maintenance. Our expert trainers will guide you through every step of the process, offering practical advice and real-world scenarios to enhance your skills and understanding of fire door systems.
This course is designed to educate and empower not only tradespeople in the industry but also individuals in roles of responsibility for managing fire doors. Covering the three essential aspects of installation, maintenance, and inspection, our training equips participants with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills.
We give utmost importance to adhering to test specifications and current British Standards throughout the training. Understanding and implementing these standards is crucial for meeting all regulatory requirements.
By emphasising the significance of these standards, we ensure candidates are well-prepared to navigate the complexities of fire door management.
Get started today by signing up
Stay in the know with all the latest developments in our industry by signing up for our newsletter! As an added bonus, you’ll receive an electronic or hard copy of our comprehensive training brochure, a valuable reference guide designed to help you enhance your skills and take your career to the next level.