Passive Fire Training Courses
Understanding Timber Fire Doors, Maintenance and Inspection (Healthcare Buildings)
This course is suitable for: Estates Personnel, Fire Door Installers, Responsible Persons, NVQ Assessors, Industry Inspectors (3rd Party etc.), Fire Door Surveyors, Project Managers, Site Supervisors, & Fire Risk Assessors.
- Benefit from industry professionals as course instructors, providing real-world insights and practical tips
- Access comprehensive course materials, including trainingEXP‘s door maintenance guidance and door inspection survey document
- Engage in interactive group-based investigation modules which test your inspection and fault-finding skills
- Take part in regular quizzes on various industry topics throughout the course
- Develop a thorough understanding of the different types of timber fire doors, including Nominal, door sets, and door assemblies
- Participate in a live inspection of fire door sets installed on our training wall.
- Discover and highlight potential faults and issues, allowing you to develop a keen eye for identifying problems in real-world scenarios.
- Experience our cutting-edge VR software, allowing you to deconstruct a fire door and conduct comprehensive fire door checks
The course finishes with a multiple-choice exam. Once you have passed the assessment your credentials will be submitted to FireQual. The certificate can be used to demonstrate your competency as a working fire door professional. The certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completing the assessment.
Introduction to Timber Fire Doors
Overview of the Industry HTM Regulations and Guidance’s
Timber Fire Doors Constructions
Timber Fire Door Types & Considerations in Healthcare Buildings
3rd Party Product Certification
Identifying Timber Fire Doors & Glazing
trainingEXP Fire Door Fault Gallery
Investigating the Misuse of Expanding PU Foam
What The Industry Expects
Practical Inspection of a Certified Timber Door-set and Assembly Part
Multiple Choice Exam
About the course
Our comprehensive 1-day FireQual course provides an in-depth understanding of timber fire door systems within the healthcare industry. Delegates will gain knowledge on inspection, maintenance, installation, and regulatory requirements & guidelines, specifically the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order (RRFSO), Approved Document B, and HTM 05-01, 02 & 03.
With this course, delegates will be equipped with the essential information on sourcing fire door test evidence and receive invaluable guidance on fire door installation, inspection, and maintenance. Our experienced trainers provide insight into real-world examples and offer practical solutions to common issues that arise when dealing with fire door systems.
This course is specifically designed to cater to trades involved with the healthcare industry, as well as individuals in roles that hold responsibility for any aspect of fire doors.
Our experienced trainers delve into current British Standards and the importance of adhering to regulatory requirements, ensuring candidates understand the significance of following test specifications. With practical examples and insightful guidance, delegates will leave the course equipped with indispensable knowledge and skills.
By attending this course and receiving a valuable certification, delegates will demonstrate their expertise and increase their value within the healthcare industry.
Get started today by signing up
Stay in the know with all the latest developments in our industry by signing up for our newsletter! As an added bonus, you’ll receive an electronic or hard copy of our comprehensive training brochure, a valuable reference guide designed to help you enhance your skills and take your career to the next level.